Sunday, September 17, 2006

Zindagi Rocks...

"Expecting life to treat you well because you are a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian"

I get back to my favourite topic....understanding life as we are.I read the above quote somewhere and I just fell in love with it!! You can't ever be sure of what is in store for you on the next corner.More often than not, what meets you is not what you expected. One tends to....well on second thoughts let me change it....I tend to associate this unexpectency with a certain degree of discomfort. And this in turn, makes my life seem rather tragic. Tragedy...half of which is self created and self inflicted!!

Lets take for example my desire to get back to Delhi. If I ask me why do I want to go back...I have no concrete answers! Yes it is my family....but haven't I stayed without them earlier?? Don't a lot of others stay without them?? Yes there are my friends....but are they a reason good enough??? I think it is the comfort....but am I uncomfortabale here?? A perfect example of self inflicted misery!! I could be happy for the fact that I've gotten to be independant...i have an opportunity to learn and grow.....i have an opportunity to discover new places...But I choose not to look at it and feel miserable abt being in kolkata!

I received a forward the other day which made me laugh and think at the same time....It was just a one liner and read:

Life is like a negro's left ball.....Its neither fair nor right!

True...wouldn't u say too?

Its almost end september......time for me to wrap up my project in CSD here..CSD=Custer Service Delivery!! I was with my boss the other day and we were talking abt work stuff. He just happened to mention at the end of the meeting a simple line which has energized me into taking up newer things before finishing off. A Simple line like...."Don't leave HR...U'll be an excellent HR person!!" I'm actually proud of myself...! 3 months in kolkata....time for a bit of reflection and learning....
  • Being happy does not mean that everything is perfect, It means that you have decided to look beyond imperfections.
  • Unhappiness is directly propotional to the difference between your self concept and the expectation from you. The greater difference the more the unhappiness.
  • Question the status quo. If everything seems ok, there is something wrong!!!
  • Expect the unexpected and u'll never be shocked!
  • In order to get your work done, you have to make the other person feel important.
  • Hard work always gets appreciation.....but looks matter! You need to do things which make others feel that you have worked hard!!!
  • Confidence is important. It is the key to success.
  • Proactiveness works wonders!
  • Greet everyone ...irrespective of who he/she is and do it with a smile.It pays!!
  • If you wanna succeed, enjoy what you do else start looking around!!
  • If you think you've got it all figured.....think again and wait for the next corner!!!

Nowz not forever:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoooo im first! Awesome post...and very true..especially this--Life is like a negro's left ball.....Its neither fair nor right!

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

heyi tanuj...as always awesme post...i got an exam tommorow bt even then ive read dis post n times over...(mre dan my notes)...
it gave me goose flesh d first time...it was as if u knew wat was goin on in my life...u drew conclusions...n gave a few solutions!loved it...
d part where u said "Being happy does not mean that everything is perfect, It means that you have decided to look beyond imperfections." is like u penned down my recent realisation of lifes truths!
n i totally agree greetin ppl helps tonnes....mre dan nething else...it makes ur own day!
keep cming up with mre such awesme stuff!

Sphinx said...

@ anonymous
not good to leave without a name!!

@ gooonj
hey thanks...u made me happy! and the best part is that I've read your comment early in the morn...so I'm all set to have a happy day...:)

Anonymous said...

:x
i dunno wt 2 say...
awesm post...