Thursday, September 21, 2006

Raindrops keep falling on my Head....



Thurday Morning....I woke up to the pleasant sound rain pelting down on my window. I got up and opened it. It was pouring heavy. A gust of wind and I got a faceful of rain water bringing a smile onto my face. "This is gonna be a good day!!" I jut love rain. I can sit and watch it rain for hours but I hate to get wet. I did watch it rain today, but it wasn't for hours coz I realized that if I didn't get moving I'd be late for work.

Abdul, my roomate, was already up and ready and doing something which I didn't bother to pay attention to. 30 mins is what I take to get ready in the morning. (I don't time myself but its almost a routine....brushing my teeth, a daily shave, going through Calcutta Times while doing "other" work and finally the bath...I guessif it weren't for Calcutta tilmes i'd manage the routine sooner.....but thats not the point!!) The smell of curry leaves being fried greeted me as I stepped out in my towel. Abdul was infact, preparing Lemon Rice for breakfast. I smiled again at the prospect of having something other than those godforsaken 12 buck "veg sandwiches". We get that at the Monginis, close to our office. We got our gas rolling a couple of days. Ghar ka khaana is soo much better! I'm done with eating out everyday.

Its Pooja time!! And I'm in Cal.....all I can hear people around me talk is how do we decorate, how do we organize, what do we wear, what do we eat, where do we go. Pooja is still a week and half away!! And its not just the people....its the radio stations as well....I heard a radio station give out tips to the listeners to ensure that their kids don't get lost during Pooja!! Made me realize the enormity of the celebrations I am in for..... If this is the build up, I can't wait to see what the real thing would be like.

Which reminds me....there are a lot of things I am looking forward to. Life's suddenly goten better.. we have the tickets for the Sunfeast Open in Cal. I'm gonna watch Sania Mirza play Martina Hingis if all goes well! and I have baseline seats...anyone coming? My presentation for my project happens next week as well. I usually wouldn't be this excited for it but for some reason I am looking forward to it. Here's the big one.... next thurday evening, we leave for the much awaited vacation to Sikkim. We've been planning this ever since we came here and its finally happening. I already have the tickets done for siliguri and we'll backpack from there....anyone coming? Hey october starts with me moving into sales which I am agian lookin forward to.....A real good friend comes down in mid october ...I hope we get time off to meet up! Come Diwali, I am back in Delhi....saddi dilli!! I can't wait for that either....

Life suddenly doesn't look like the negro's left ball!!!!! It was still drizzling when we left for work and for a change I did not mind getting wet.....

But Then I'm reminded...Now is not forever!! I better get back to enjoying my now..My coffee waits....:)

6 comments:

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

yess life can b gud 2!n nw wid d festive season cming up its gonna b partying all d way till new yearz!
m thinkin o all d cakes m gonna eat dis winter!yummmmmm
y is now not forever??

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

hey tanuj i changed my blog link!
now its "gooonj.blogspot.com"

Anonymous said...

hmmm... i wish i hd d secret 2 mkin ur happiness last 4evr 4 u... but i dnt n u knw hw mad tat mks me... i wish i cd mk u half as happy as u usually r wn we talk instead of mkin u mad... but i dnt n u knw how hw mad tat mks me... i dnt knw y u said u wrnt as proud of ds post as much as d othrs... i am...

Boogerworm said...

hey... Suddenly I am jealous of ur happening life. I hope you have fun... it feels nice to read a happy happy post

Sphinx said...

@ goonj
Now is not for ever coz if now were to be forever then there would be no "now"...it'd just be a "forever"!! food for thought;)!

@mann
Oye duffer....if I were to be happy always then wouldn't happiness loose its charm?? and on second thoughts...i am proud of it too:D

@ buls
Oye nazar mat lagaa...come join me if u're too jealous!

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

jess...i totally agree! good times wnt b good times if they lasted fo ever!
n hey dnt mention "food" for nething!makes me hungry again!lolz!
n hey wherez mre?