Tuesday, September 26, 2006

DNA, Dor and More!!!!

Martina hingis V/s Sania Mirza turned out to be quite a dampner. I was glad that there were other matches scheduled for the same day. How can anyone loose so tamely?? Well I guess thats Indian sports for you....Hockey, Cricket, Tennis...ummm (do we play any other sport?? Shooting is hardly a sport....!!). There's something majorly wrong in our very DNA. We, as a race, give in easily where we need to be aggressive. The aggression is saved for people we least need to be fighting against.....eachother! And we end up feeling proud of ourselves. ......A sense of false achievement!
Talking about achievement, the other day I got appreciated by my bosses...apparantly for the "contingency planning" I was supposed to do for the renovation of one of the Airtel Showrooms in calcutta. It felt nice....but the corrupted DNA played up again and I ended up telling them that i took a lot of help from a person in the Delhi Office; when the truth of the matter was that I did it all on my own.....with some very vital help from vikram, who happens to be one of my bestest friends. I wonder why is it so difficult to accept appreciation. I almost turned red when I heard the words "Good Job!"
Sunday was lazy. I happened to go watch a movie with Abdul which otherwise I wouldn't ever go for. Abdul wanted to see it and I had nothing better to do...so we went. "DOR". A rather intelligent movie. Its got a lot of massages which come out in a very subtle manner. Gul Panag and Ayesha Takia are pretty good. Shreyas Talpade stands out and shines. I have not seen any movie lately without any male actors in lead role. I just love the song "Yeh Honsala". A must watch for a real movie lover...... trust me you'll not regret this!
I received a mail today. Well...I do receive a lot of mails but this one made me think. I usually just delete the fwds I get but I just happened to read this and found it very familiar. It was the exact same mail which I'd gotten about 4 years back and I'd taken a print out of it then and put it up in front of my desk....I just have to post is here.
1) Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2) Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
3) Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
4) Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
5) When you say, "I love you", mean it.
6) When you say, "I'm sorry", look the person in the eye.
7) Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
8) Believe in love at first sight.
9) Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't have dreams don't have much
10) Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
11) Don't judge people by their relatives.
12) Talk slowly but think quickly
13) When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
14) Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
15) Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
16) When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
17) Remember the three R's:
Respect for self;
Respect for others;
Responsibility for all your actions.
18) Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
19) When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
20) Spend some time alone.
Read all of them if you've skipped it....I'm absolutely in love with it...It goes in front of my desk yet again....4 years and I still loved each and every point it has. Some things just get better with time!
Smiles all around...Now is not forever!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey me first!!n there r 3 things i wanna say...
1)loved d line "The aggression is saved for people we least need to be fighting against.....eachother!"
truly agree with u!just dnt understand d logic of man against man! y can't it b "man for man"??

2)n how i wish id read ur post before...i cancelled a plan for dor wid mah frenz today!sob sob!n love d song ye honsla...its lyrics r so inspiring!might giv it a place in mah blog soon!

3)all those lines...might not b poetic or highly philosophical...but r so true...stand up fo so much in life...i already do sme o them(was inbuilt in me) n hope 2 improve life by doin d ones i dnt!

a nice post...keep inspirin!thanks!

gunjan

Anonymous said...

its such a coincidenc tat i chkd ur blog 2nite... bcz u dint tell me tat u hd updatd it... neways... its a relly enjoyable read... i lv d way uve put it... bt i do not agree wid u wn u say tat wat u did was "defective dna". modesty is a trait tat i hav always admied in you. it is wat makes u tanuj kapoor. and im sure ur bosses realise tat too. any1 hu knws u knws tat u r capable of wrkin horrendously hard nd wat ur capable of. isnt tat y u gt into bharti?? and u will get ur due... u r destined 4 great things... and dna will not - cannot - stop u...

Boogerworm said...

hey... U r right about the modesty thing, but there r very few people like that. I dont understand why some people sell themselves short... We all deserve the appreciation we get. Anyway, u know u did the work... I guess ultimately that matters.
I will catch Dor... it has to be good... after all Nagesh directed it