Thursday, October 12, 2006

Its a Dog's Life!!!

The other day, I was just talking to a friend and we got talking about dogs....yes dogs of all the things....just goes to show how much(read:little) work I do out here. Anyway, the person was a big dog lover and mentioned a few things which stuck! A dog's life they say...I guess we stand to learn a lot from it.... This one is for Dinky(she was my dog for the uninitiated)!! Might I say, 'Jump around' in peace!

IF A DOG WERE YOUR TEACHER You would learn stuff like.....
  • When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.(when was the last time you did that?)
  • Never pass up the opportunity to go for a ride. (Get out!!)
  • Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy. ( Ok I admit...I do that)
  • When it's in your best interest -- practice obedience.(When it is in your best interest)
  • Let others know when they've invaded your territory. (Do not take shit from anyone)
  • Take naps and stretch before rising. (Naps are good)
  • Run, romp, and play daily. (U'll end up happier...trust me)
  • Thrive on attention and let people touch you. (U would stop getting it if u don't bask in the glory of it)
  • Avoid biting, when a simple growl will do. ( Bite when u have to... & Bite Hard!!)
  • On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass. (Take time out)
  • On hot days, drink lots of water and never get out of an AC room. (I already do that too)
  • When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body. ( Let everyone know that ur happy and the happiness doubles)
  • No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout... run right back and make friends. (Friends & Family are all u have)
  • Delight in the simple joy of a long walk. (Don't forget to smell for new things when on the long journey...try them if u have to)
  • Be loyal to your loved ones. (No matter what...)
  • If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it. (Heck.... Dig even if you don't know what lies beneath!)
  • When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
  • Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough. (This is my favourite)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! i alredy do sm of d things u mentiond... btw, hu ws dis doglovr?

been goin thru a lt f late, n u wud knw - cz ur d one caught in a flood of my tears... crying 4 no reasn comes naturally 2 me is wt i hv discovrd. magar u mde me laugh, u always do. im so glad u did this... i wish i cud return d favour sometimes...

dinky wud b proud...

Sphinx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sphinx said...

SMS language??? U too??? Hmmm...what is it with sms language and girls i'll never understand!

I love the last line:D Thanks....thanks a ton!! You did make me smile as well!

Occasional Brilliance said...

lolz... dnt dare start with stooopid sexist remarks like "sms lang and girls!!!" hw dare u... as if ur any better lolz

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

hey loved this one....never thought of all this....i really hav a LOT to learn from a dogs life now!
no wonder ppl who keep em love em sooo much!
n with each passing day i wonder how much god gave us to observe n learn from....but how ignorant i am!
thanx fo dis post...i guess i quite much needed it!
smiles...yet again!

Anonymous said...

hey love this scrap! i love the equating into human's terms...it makes so much sense! :)

Anonymous said...

@mann
I DO NOT use SMS language!

@ gunjan
u gotta own a dog to strt loving them....trust me and get one...by the way, do u prefer being called gooonj?

@aks
Oye...gt out of the orkut mode. This is a post not a scrap;). I didn't know that u read my blog. thanks for leaving a comment!

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

oi not at all....i love my name...i dnt knw y in d first place i wantd a diff username here!n nw m too lazy to change it!:(
n owning a dog is outa question yaar...im too scared o injections n dats y too scared o a dog bite n thus can never keep a dog!lolz!