Saturday, November 17, 2007

Me in the Wonderland



Tanuj came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" he asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Tanuj answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter!! Does it??"

Thats what I'd gotten myself into as well. I was living....not knowing how, not knowing why....just living. Until things changed and changed for the better....Realizations come to me...slower than they do to others!! I had an answer for the Cheshire Cat.....I wanna go on the road which would take me to love, to freedom and to learning....thats what I want from life.

The Cat showed me the way.....I have love which I cherish, I have freedom which I take for granted and I have learnings which I crib about.....

Love...what does it do to you? How long has it been since someone touched part of you other than your body? Its what has gotten me to where I am and those who are responsible for it know it as they read. I have been lucky, I turned my face away from love refusing to believe its very existence. It never went away. It stayed there till I looked back and from then on, its been with me through thick and through thin...!! One needs to learn to respect love... It makes the journey of life worthwhile. Its given me a purpose for sure....I teaches you to dream, to imagine, to plan....It inspires you to slog, to sweat, to succeed....It is the triumph of imagination over intelligence!! ....believe and enjoy it....:)

Freedom...Often taken for granted...Its an blessing, to each one of us. For me, its a chance to be better...Its my right to live the way I wish to. It is the reason why I am happy. Its what allows me to make mistakes and yet come up stronger..It gives me the ability to do what I want, to be what I am, to go where I want to- enjoy the trees, the sea,the mountains, the smell of rain on earth.., to read or hear what I wish, to eat what I want to. Freedom is also the ability to choose wrongly & irresponsible.
We are extremely lucky to have been born in a country as free as India. Its sad that a lot of us have chosen rather irresponsibly at times. With great power come great responsibilities. Freedom is our power. We can use this power either to be Hyde or Jekyll..

Learning....Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet...what do you wanna do? No matter where I go or what I do, I'll always live my entire life within the confines of my head. And I want my head to be as huge as possible. the learning never stops. Each day brings with it something new.... and to learn the new we must look at the yesterday as well. If I stop learning, I'll stop growing and if I stop growing, I stop living!! Be it books, movies, the TV, my boss, the office politics...it brings with it learning and if you don't learn fast enough, you're in danger of becoming extinct. And thats something I'm certainly not willing to do....

Getting back to the Cat..... Here's wht else he said...."Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do."

Nowz not for ever....but live now to the fullest:)

P.s- I don't know why I am writing this.....Saw OSO today....a decent flick...here's a quote from the movie which made me think...."kehte hai ki filmon ki tarah hamari zindagi mein bhi end tak sab theek hee ho jaata hai..happys endings...aur agar theek naa ho toh woh the end nahi, picture abhi baaki hai mere dost..." True...isn't it?? Wish loadsss of happiness to all of ya...:)

13 comments:

Occasional Brilliance said...

tanuj kapoor... 4 sm1 hu says he cnt write, u did an amazing job, dint u?

i love u 4 evry single wrd uv put in2 ds post... its so typically u n d way u r in life...

wt i luvd d most r - "I have been lucky, I turned my face away from love refusing to believe its very existence. It never went away."

"Its what allows me to make mistakes and yet come up stronger..It gives me the ability to do what I want, to be what I am, to go where I want to"

"Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet...what do you wanna do? No matter where I go or what I do, I'll always live my entire life within the confines of my head. And I want my head to be as huge as possible."

im glad i tagged ya... im gladder still tat i hv ya 4evr... [:D] allafoo, baby... muah...

IncorrigibleV said...

am i happy or what :)
why are u sayin u dunno why u wrote...i'll tell u why u wrote, u wrote ao we all cud read and smile :)
tanuj this was an amazing tag and i love theee three things u wrote...kinda how differently our brain works...fascinating!
my fav lines:
"One needs to learn to respect love... It makes the journey of life worthwhile."...."is the triumph of imagination over intelligence!! ....believe and enjoy it....:)"
"Freedom is our power. "
"Each day brings with it something new.... and to learn the new we must look at the yesterday as well. If I stop learning, I'll stop growing and if I stop growing, I stop living!! "
Keep writing plz tanuj...
loadsa luv...take care

The 'Mad' Orchid said...

Hey u shud write quite often u absolutely should...:)wow...man i tell u each one (be it Mann,Vands or U) did such a marvellous job..im fallin short of words...
Each para is an epitome of 'learning' more..'loving' more & more towrds our freedom n
"Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do."
............:) i too just hve smiles n more smiles nothing..
wel done...
n picture baki rahegi coz Tanuj is keep gonna write n tht too quite often :)
Lodsa luv...Tkcre..

umangexuberance said...

beautiful and so honest..there was a novelty to this..glad i stopped by
take care :)

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

aaah...best time to read d best blog!!
its not just a blog fo me anymore....its a way of life....tanuj's way....which neva eva fails to make me smile,n get up n start afresh....live fo wat id forgotten or live fo wat id neva known, watever d situation may b!!
thanks a tonn fo givin me hope wen i needed it d most!!>:D<

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet...what do you wanna do? No matter where I go or what I do, I'll always live my entire life within the confines of my head. And I want my head to be as huge as possible."

loved it!!

neers said...

Has anybody left anything for me to say? i'll say nothing except that this was one of ur best posts till date!! U see so many ppl wait to read ur blog...plz keep that in mind and write more often :)

Sphinx said...

@ Sonu...
>:D< :* Need I say more!!!??

@ Vands..
Even though I haven't commented on ur blog...I did read ur tag and I'll tell u wht...I liked urs better than mine...urs was fresh and out of the box....mine, I really think its average...and u guys inspire me to write:) Thanks a ton for all the encouragement!!!

@ Mads..
I'm glad u smiled...coz thats how u ought to stay. the lil that I got to know u...ur an awesome individual...Keep that smile on!!

@ Umang..
thanks a ton!! I am very irregular, but thanks for all the compliments...will check out yours too.

@Gunj...
Oye tussi mainoo aiwehi jhaadi pe chadha dete ho...Me is normal normal...tussi na bass...!! Thanku hai...khush kar ditta!

@ Neers
Oye neers...will def keep that in mind...thanks for everything:)

The 'Mad' Orchid said...

Kya tanuj mujhe inna chada diya awesome wesome bol k ..thanks 4 d complis..n do keep writing :) n aapka hukum sarr aankhon pe..wil alwyz hve a smile 4ver pakka :D itz after al u pple u giveme 1001 reasons to smile nw n 4ver thxs a ton tanuj...
Tkcr n lodsa luv...

IncorrigibleV said...

ure more than welcome...
waise how come my tag was fresh...i thot it was soo me, nuthin unexpected for anyone who knows me even a tad bit and u do!
abt ur tag...avg or whatever i loved it so keep writing :)

Buls said...

Finally... you have updated your blog.. and how. Amazing lines!!! Loved them.

Prax said...

Went over my head...

Mabbe OSO's Shanti could help me ;-)

Sameera Ansari said...

That was an awesome post!

"One needs to respect love",so true..

Cool space you have here :)