Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Quarantined SLOGging


Life’s Weird….

The same time last year I was neck deep into my project SLOGging my a** to get it going. The SLOGging worked and my project ended fairly well. I came back to my college content and satisfied …my chip up and the head held high. I thought now’s the time when I can lie down and relax. Life had other things in store for me! Of all the twists that I’ve ever had in my life this was the biggest and I’d say the most painful.

I got into the placement committee (affectionately called the placecom). To this day I fail to understand what made me sign up for it. I thought that it was the stupidest thing that I doing…(I didn’t change my opinion until the day I got into Bharti). I had to SLOG again!! Classes, the placement trips, the calls to companies, the projects, the assignments, the late nights, (or should I say the early mornings), the ‘meetings”, the deadlines and worst of all the skyrocketing percentage…. (In the unwanted direction I might add…DOWN). I always wanted to run away from it all!

Along came December and the excitement amongst everyone grew. N I was still SLOGging…almost! 24th of December…my first interview. I suddenly realized that I had forgotten to SLOG where it most mattered…studies!!

The company…Satyam…I was generously humiliated in the interview…ripped apart!!! I am glad I was…. coz that’s when I began to SLOG…yet again!!! (U’d think my life was a one-day international and I was in the 50th over). Two people helped me pull through… I wouldn’t name them but I think they know who they are!! 28th …the D-day…. that’s the last time I remember that I SLOGged…. 3 companies…3 interviews…I’m glad I got through this one…

Life after that has been an awesomely slow moving river. From the Goa trip to the classes to the projects to the exams and the convocation…. not once did I put in any efforts. As I sit here today and look at what I’ve been doing…(all those people who think I’m having a good time…read on…).

I am basically restricted to my room with TV that has nothing on ever, ever busy friends ( I don’t blame u guyssss), computer with a filthy net connection and books which I never read and nothing better to do but to lie down on my back and look our fan.

(P.s. I even caught myself trying to count the number of revolutions the fan was making a couple of days back which basically was the snapping point and it prompted me to write this…..)


4th month of no efforts and total vellapan…! I look at this and then look back at my last year…. and wonder…what is it that I enjoy more?? N I have no answer….do u??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ofcourse you prefer SLOGging versus lazing around--its human nature nahin?? and you worked hard last year, stayed crazy, but felt productive and achieved so much. but lazing around is ever so important too...so cherish it too..when you start ur wonderful job u'll be grateful for the moments you stared at the fan and stopped and thought, before u entered the rat race! So have a good time even if u're not vacationing around partying, k? atleast its not going to be like my hellish summer....and i refuse to be bullied into leaving my name!! (BUT WHO ELSE WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT SUMMER SOOOOOO MUCH?? ;))

Sphinx said...

Thts soo not fair...u know its so weird to get a comment from a certain sumone and try n guess who it is...Its not fair on me...:(:((!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What is SLOGing?!?! lol and ive counted fan revolutions too...and yes it does mean ur life sucks!...dont worry tho cuz mine does too now, sadly i need school to keep me busy and sane...lucky for u, u have a fan...i dont have a fan!!! i dont even have a light fixture in my room...i have to use a lamp! but yea...just a couple more months...and i know i will be hearing how you dont want to go to work or your sooo busy with work...man i might not even hear from you days on end cuz you will be so busy!!! best not forget about me! and reading is really not all that bad! i promise! >:D<

Anonymous said...

Hey Tanuj! I think that is an incredibly honest account. Nice to know you better :)!

Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

Temme about it!!!

You're atleast looking back and analysing and thats a major step!

C'mon .. today is the first day of the rest of ur life ... so wish u all the very best for everything u wish to achieve and am sure u will :)

congratz again for the job.

take care.

Anonymous said...

Hey just flicked through ur posts..must say ur writing has an honest quality abt it...will come back for more!
Take care:)

Anonymous said...

Hey that anonymous comment was me btw..Priyanka from IMT.