Thursday, May 25, 2006

Miraculous knowledge

Albert Einstein once said….

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

I think we often tend to choose the first way. Miracle by definition is a wonder or a supernatural happening for which we have no explanations. It directly results in powerlessness…. "The inability to control”. The tendency on our part to rationalize everything is leading us to become more and more implacable. Nothing satisfies us now. We want simplified answers for everything.

I’d like to believe that earth rotating on its axis is a miracle. I’d like to believe that the cycle of seasons is a miracle. I’d like to believe that the weather systems are a miracle. I’d like to believe that the working of cell phones, TV, my car, my computer…. are all miracles. I’d like to believe that human mind is a miracle. I’d also like to believe that you and me living, existing and prospering on the face of this earth is a miracle!!

However, this is all at the cost of being labeled as ignorant or uneducated! And I’m not too sure if I want that…So I tell myself to believe that there is an answer to everything even though I might know it…. but I pretend I do!! I pretend I know why the earth revolves, why we think the way we do and why we exist! Heck …I even pretend to know how my mobile works!!

Its all about being in the circle of knowledge…. the comfort zone!!!

Talking of which…. here’s a piece of news !! I’m being pulled away from mine…(Read Delhi) and being put in a totally alien world (Read Kolkata ) ….and that all thanks to my new job!! I like to look at things positively…but I ain’t seeing too many positives coming out of this. I guess you gotta endure what you can’t cure! So Kolkata…”Here I come…and u better treat me well!!”

8 comments:

Indigo Nyx said...

Babies are d biggest miracles dat happen!... Tanuj, its a beautiful world out there, love it till it lasts. I didnt, i am paying!

Sphinx said...

@ Ashi...

Yeah...thats the whole point...we can think of thousands of things. We tend to oversimplify the beauty of life!!! hey...U still have years to go...so dont say u didn't...just say u couldn't n ur trying to now:)! Lessons...thats life:)

Anonymous said...

i agree....
when u say u believe in miracles people jab at u n say u want to place blame on them(read miracles). But they forget that miracles are the most beautiful things which enable u to retain ur trust and fizz in this decamping world...
so i'd say njoy the world n it's miracles for all u can

GOOD BLOG!!!!

Meghna said...

nice! this is one of my favourite quotes!

Meghna said...

Miracles do happen..God has his way of opening peoples' eyes.

Sphinx said...

@ Meghna

Thanks for droppin by...DO keep coming in....I'll be regular with ur blog too:)

@ anonymous..
U shud write more...U've got talent there....!! N this is after i forced u to write....

Anonymous said...

hey... uve got a gud thing goin here... n u definitely hav d talent... n kolkata is not all tat bad... im sure there's some1 hu's happy tat ur goin der... cant u think of any1?

Anonymous said...

hi tanuj... u hav an obvious talent n ur such a fool not 2 realise it... n im saying dis cuz i kno u... d world is beautiful - its d ppl i hav a problem with. y do we hav 2 analyze evrything? mayb somethings r better off unexplained... if we had evrything cut n dried - whr wud b d fun in tat? GOOD BLOG, chor!
P.S-m happy abt kol... hehe