Friday, November 03, 2006

Problem....NO Problem!!

The past few days have been crazily hectic. I go to work at 9 and come back at 9 ( ok i'm exagerrating...i come back by 7.30-8) and still end each day with a feeling of being wasted; as though i've done nothing...achieved zero! I wonder why is that happening to me??

Was in Delhi this past week....quite an enjoyable 7 days. Home food was the best part of it all. Met a few friends of mine from back home and also some MBA days classmates. Everyone has a story to tell about their work and I have nothing....am I doing nothing for real or am I not a good story teller??

The little work that i did these past 4 months....not a whole lot of people seem to be interested in wht I did. Is it me at fault for not being able to sit up and take notice or is it them who're at fault??

Questions questions......I shouldn've been in a pensive mood, especially in the situation i am in. I am not....I am happy. I really don't care as to what future holds for me...I wanna live for the now.I wanna enjoy the friends around, the late night talks on my free cell phone, the loud poojo happening right next to my house, the whiff of fresh air, the food I eat, my sleep...I wanna enjoy it all!

Enjoyment....this reminds me of Indian cricket team loosing the match to australia recently shattering all my plans for november TV viewing. I decided to pull off TV for a while and start reading. I managed to convince myself to purchase a book on my fifth visit to a book-shop. This was in October when i was in delhi.....I still haven't picked it up and started reading it. Books have a strange effect on me.....They make my eyes close for some reason.
And then I received another mail today... which i absolutely adored...It puts a lot of things which I often end up thinking about into perspective.....here is it.its dilbert whackiness at its best!!

Some of the one-liners from Dilbert...
1. I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either.
2. I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by.
3. Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.
4. Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue.
5. Needing someone is like needing a parachute. If he isn't there the first time, chances are you won't be needing him again.
6. I DON'T HAVE AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM, YOU HAVE A PERCEPTION PROBLEM.
7. Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky, and I thoughtto myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
8. My reality cheque bounced.
9. On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.
10. I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier.
11. You are slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter. (awesome abuse)
12. Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
13. Everybody is somebody else's weirdo.
14. Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
15. A pat on the back is only a few inches from a kick in the butt.
16. Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
17. After any salary raise, you will have less money at the end of the month than you did before. 18. The more crap you put up with, the more crap you are going to get.
19. You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
20. Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
21. If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
22. When you don't know what to do, walk fast and look worried.
23. Following the rules will not get the job done.
24. When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
25. Only the mediocre are at their best all the time.
26. There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
27. Bring ideas in and entertain them royally, for one of them may be the king.
28. If at first you don't succeed......skydiving isn't for you.
29. Life is a waste of time; time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.
30. When everything is coming your way......you're in the wrong lane
Doesn't it all start to make sense....suddenly:). Now is not for ever..ENJOY!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

u knw wt? i luvd this post. i think its rite up there as one of ur best yt (and drs a lot more 2 come!!!)...

ummm... im at a loss of wrds as 2 wt i shud tell u... wud it help if i said i knw - mayb bcz iv been there 4m day 1 - tat uve beent wrking ur butt off? n i knw it does smtime get 2 u... bt i luv the way look at evrtyhing so positively... (lolz - remember i told u abt yin and yang ystrday? ur yang - the brighter element; it is happy, active, light, masculine, upward-seeking and corresponds to the day. symbolised by fire) dnt lt tat fizzle... its wt mks u hu u r...

n i luv the quotes (esp - the peanut butter 1)... here's 1 i hope u will lk - "great acting is being abl 2 create a character. great character is being abl 2 b urself - john leguizamo"

ur an awesome prson... im glad i gt 2 knw ya (evn if u "blackout" ovr d fone)...

Sphinx said...

Heyy...I did not blackout...I blanked out! and it was only for something like 7 seconds!!! Which only goes to prove that u should not go quiet on me...u should talk away to glory!!

U know what? I know i've worked hard but I'm not too sure if its int he right direction...!! Sighh.. n hey..are u sure i am the yang???? I'll remain me...i ain't gonna change for anything..i love the way me is..however, if u think i can become better...lemme know...{I must not blank out!!}

Oye ..the quote is up in front of my comp!! And I've changed my mail signature as well:)....

P.s = 7 seconds!!!!

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

hey i too loved dis post...all most all quotes made so much sense...made me laugh at my otherwise dull life...lolz!!
n hey wen u said...I wanna live for the now...u reminded me of garfield...coz u too like him...make d best out o every situation!!:))
keep writin tanuj...u only spread smiles...n i love it!!

Sphinx said...

hi Gunjan...

Am so glad u liked it. I was very apprehensive about this one...ASk Mann!!

I'm even gladder that it made u smile...and when u say that u make me smile.....smiles spread smiles...keep smiling!! Am sure the 'someone special' would love it too!!

I want ur blog back as soon as u are done with ur exams....will miss it till then. Besties for the examies!

Boogerworm said...

Hi... There are two kinds of MBAs: those who can GASS and those who cannot. Those who GASS do not work and those who dont, work... U r the 2nd kind... It does not matter if you can talk about your work or not... as long as you are satisfied with it. Even if you are not satisfied with it, it means you are not becoming complacent... Now is the time to live for yourself... so, yenjoy!!!

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

hey tanuj...y were u apprehensive bout such a cute post??
n u sure do make all o us smile with ur unique way of lookin at life!!
n hey...where is d someone special who would like it yaar??:(...:))
n i think i love dis place a bit too much to leave jus coz its exam time!!though d frequency might get reduced!!:(
thanx fo d best wishes though
love
gunjan

Sphinx said...

@buls
U know what...?? I wish I could actually gas around....!!! Its soo much better when u have that skill. But I'm happy....just that a few questions keep popping in my mind and they need a vent!

@gunjan
Oye I was talking abt ur smile. Am sure once the someone special of urs comes around he'll like it as well. Do keep in touch....:)

Anonymous said...

31. i everything is going ok, u obviously overlooked something...

32. i turn stupid people off

33. warning - i have an attitude and i knw how to use it.

34. just because something is toxic, doesnt mean its nt tasty.

35. my mother's menu consisted of two things - take it or leave it.

36. i'd explain it to u, but ur brain wud explode.

found more!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i love the last one:)....Extremely funy:D Ultimate swear:P

Anonymous said...

found another one - "ur face, my ass-whats the difference?"